What is Twinning Project?
Twinning is a European Union instrument for institutional cooperation between Public Administrations of EU Member States and of beneficiary or partner countries. Twinning projects bring together public sector expertise from EU Member States and beneficiary countries with the aim of achieving concrete mandatory operational results through peer to peer activities.
More information can be found in the following link:
https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/tenders/twinning_en Twinning Project supporting SAA implementation in Kosovo
Implementation of this EU funded Twinning Project titled “Support to Kosovo institutions on Stabilisation and Association Agreement (SAA) implementation”, has started in June 2017 in Pristina, Kosovo. Project will last for 24 months (until June 2019). The total budget of the Twining Project is EUR 1.6 Million.
The main objectives of the Twinning Project are:
• Contributing to establishment of an effective and efficient public administration which is capable to fulfil SAA obligations and to provide better service delivery for citizens and businesses;
• Supporting Kosovo’s administration to effectively and efficiently manage the SAA process by improving policy planning on EU acquis adoption;
• Strengthening of Kosovo’s administration technical and administrative capacities to effectively implement policies for fulfilment of the SAA obligation.
This Twinning Project will achieve the main objectives by delivering the following main results:
• Revision of horizontal aspects of policy reforms and approximation of Kosovo’s legislation with EU acquis, including inter-institutional coordination and organisation of EU acquis translation into national languages of Kosovo;
• Gap analysis reports and evidence-based policy planning documents prepared, with a view to the fulfilment of SAA obligations in eight priority chapters defined in SAA
• Strengthening the institutional capacity building process by desig, preparation and delivery of trainings in the field of eight priority chapters defined in SAA;
• Strengthening public awareness and civil society inclusion in the SAA implementation process.
The Project consists of 3 Components:
• Component 1: Improvement of EU policy planning on the adoption of the Union acquis.
• Component 2: Strengthening technical and administrative capacities on the priority Union acquis chapters.
• Component 3: Enhancing awareness raising on the SAA process and the involvement of Civil Society Organisations.
Resident Twinning Advisor Office
Mr Wojciech Porczyk, Resident Twinning Advisor (RTA)
Office Address: 270 Bedri Pejani Street, 10000 Pristina, Kosovo
Office Phone: +381 38 726 857
Mobile: +383 49 659 649
RTA Administrative Assistant: Mr Asim Ajeti, E-mail: email@example.com
RTA Language Assistant: Mr Flordi Dobruna, E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org