The Committee shall be the coordinating state body at the level of the Secretary-Generals of the ministries and heads of the state bodies, which, within the scope of its functions and rights, ensures the cooperation of the ministries and other state bodies on issues, related to the integration of the Republic of Kosovo into the European Union.
Functions of the Committee
- To consider the proposals of the ministries and other state bodies on the priorities of the Government of Kosovo related to the integration into the European Union;
- To elaborate the proposals related to the uniform policies of the Government of Kosovo in the areas related to the integration into the European Union;
- To agree on the division of the responsibilities between the ministries and other state bodies in relation to the fulfillment of the priorities of the Government of Kosovo in the area of European Integration, in particular those of the European Partnership Action Plan and to regularly monitor the progress in the implementation of the above mentioned planning document;
- To discuss all the issues related to the negotiations with the European Commission of the Interim Agreement and the Member States;
- To consider any disputes between the ministries and other state bodies arising from the implementation of the European Partnership and European Partnership Action Plan, as well as, any other comprehensive European Integration planning documents adopted by the Government of the Republic of Kosovo;
- To consider and to agree on the proposals of the responsible ministries on the elaboration of the legal acts of the Republic of Kosovo;
- To discuss the issues of the development and conducting of the programmes and activities related to the capacity building of the ministries and other state bodies;
- To discuss the issues related to the coordination of the use of the EU assistance and use of the bilateral donor assistance, if the latter is directed to the issues of the European Integration;
- To request from the ministries and other state bodies and to receive, with the assistance of the Ministry for European Integration acting as the secretariat to the Committee, the opinions and the information on the issues related to the process of the integration of the Republic of Kosovo into the European Union.
Composition of the Committee
Chairman Minister of European Integration;
Deputy Chairman Minister of Economy and Finance;
Secretary Secretary-General of the Ministry of European Integration.
Heads of any other state bodies of Kosovo can be invited by the Chairman to participate in the meeting of the Committee if the item in the agenda falls within the area of their competence. ach member of the Committee is entitled to invite an expert or experts of his/her ministry or the state body if the there is an item of the agenda requires a particular expertise.