MEI sectoral organization allows its officials to work closely with officials from other institutions and international partners in the field of European integration and development. Ministerial Council for the Coordination of the European Integration Process
The Ministerial Council implements uniform policy of Republic of Kosovo for the European Integration by facilitating the coordination of the EU integration activities of the ministries and other bodies and within the scope of its functions and rights.
Functions of the Ministerial Council
- To coordinate the uniform state policy, as well as development and implementation of the strategy of the Republic of Kosovo for the integration into the European Union and to define the main priority areas, activities for the implementation of the priorities and the deadlines for their enforcement;
- To discuss the negotiating positions and any issues related to the negotiations with the European Commission and Member States before submission of these negotiating positions and issues for the decision at the regular sessions of the Government of the Republic of Kosovo;
- To ensure the well-planned and comprehensive process of the approximation of the Republic of Kosovos legal acts to the requirements of the European Community law;
- To coordinate the development and conducting of the programmes and activities related to the capacity building of the ministries and other state bodies in order to deal adequately with the requirements of the European integration process;
- To decide on the issues related to the coordination of the use of the EU assistance and use of the bilateral donor assistance if the latter is directed to the issues of the European Integration, before submission of these issues for the decision at the regular sessions of the Government of the Republic of Kosovo;
- To agree on the uniform opinion of the ministries on any issue related to the process of the integration of the Republic of Kosovo into the European Union, including issues regarding implementation of the European Partnership and European Partnership Action Plan.
Composition of the Ministerial Council
Chairman Prime Minister of Kosovo
Deputy Chairman Minister of European Integration
Secretary-General of the Office of the Prime Minister and Secretary-General of the Ministry of European Integration.Secretary-Generals of the above mentioned ministries, advisers to the ministers - members of the Ministerial Council, head of the Prime Ministers Cabinet or his/her nominated official can participate in the meeting in the capacity of advisers.